Wednesday, May 26, 2010

To My Beautiful Lifelong Friends

Its been a while since my last post (okay,not that long :P). I wanted to live life differently, by seeing things more positively, I wanted to see if there would be a difference. Let me tell  you,there is. I can't explain what that difference is, suffice it to say that I've started seeing the beauty in life, the beauty in the things I've been given, the beauty of the little things. This post is dedicated to the two of my lifelong friends, whom I should've thanked ages ago, who's sacrifices I should've acknowledged long back. This post is dedicated to you mom and dad.

I just realised that all that I am is because of the innumerable sacrifices you two have made. I lack the directness or the courage to say thank you directly, that's who I am sadly. But, one day, if you two get to read this, then you will understand,no matter how many times I get angry,say upsetting things in my anger, or even disobey you both for that matter, I will never cease to love you both,or be thankful.

I'm in my home town right now. I'm staying with my grandparents. My aunt, who gave birth to a baby boy,stays here. I just saw the amount of patience and effort needed to take care of a baby,and from then on,I started to acknowledge my parents' love and sacrifice.There's a reason the Indian culture says "Matha,Pitha,Guru,Daivam",translating as "Mother,Father,Teacher,God".Parents come first. I'm one among  the lucky people who has both my parents with me,its surprising I took so long to realise how blessed I am.

The lyrics of a song,called "Thanks Again" by Ricky Skaggs says all that I have to say.Thanks again Appa and Amma..

Thanks Again By Ricky Skaggs:

I've sent bouquets for Mother's Day,

For Father's Day, a shirt and card.
While they came from the heart,
They all fell short of saying how special you both are.
It wasn't ' til I was up and gone,
Married with a couple of kids of my own,
Doing what mamas and daddies do,
That I realized what I must have put you through.


So thanks again for the love in the cradle,
And all of the changes that kept me dry.
And thanks again for the love at our table,
And tannin' my bottom when I told you a lie.
For takin' me fishin' and flyin' my kites,
And tuckin' me in, yes, night after night:
To my beautiful life-long friends,
Hey, Mom and Daddy thanks again.


I'm still a young man, least I think I am,
But I'm watchin' my own hair turn gray.
And your call last Sunday brought to mind,
That I owe you a debt I can never repay.


So thanks again for worryin' and waitin',
When I started datin' on weekend nights.
And thanks again for the help with my homework,
And sittin' up with me till I got it right.
Your car for the prom, your letters in 'Nam,
But most of all, Daddy, for marryin' Mom:
To my beautiful life long friends,
Hey, Mom and Daddy thanks again.


To my beautiful life long friends,
Hey, Mom and Daddy thanks again.


Thanks again.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Achyuth Sankar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.