Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Thoughts On Love


I dunno if most share my view or not,but at least I know I have a view,and I'm sticking to it.I look around and I see many of my friends dating,many in relationships,many in so called "love".Obviously,I kinda get jealous.but most think I get jealous cus I'm not that good looking so i wont ever get into a relationship.Well,I cant predict the future,I can hope right?But when I see some people,I get jealous cus of the mutual feeling.The mutual respect,the mutual understanding,the mutual adoration,the need to be with each other.The feeling as if you're just a half part of a whole.I get jealous cus i guess I'll never get that mutual feeling from somebody.Yet,I love fully (maybe it isnt love,but I like calling it love),I give attention,I give respect,I give importance,I give time,I give my patience.So,my perception of love isnt just abt getting married or making out or having sex or flirting or giving expensive gifts.It's about the need to be with the significant other.Its about the need to make the other happy.Its about the need spend every moment together,and not regret even one second of it.Its about becoming a whole,and forgetting the individual halves.Its about facing life together,its about commitment.Its about making the other feel needed,and at the same time,being there for the other no matter what misunderstanding or what difference in views.I view love as the ultimate form of altruism.
I remember watching a movie,Good Will Hunting,where a psychologist (played absolutely beautifully by Robin Williams) says the following lines:




"I ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable— known someone that could level you with her eyes. Feeling like God put an angel on Earth just for you. That could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it’s like to be her angel. To have that love for her, be there for forever. Through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in a hospital room for two months holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes that the term 'visiting hours' don't apply to you. You don’t know about real loss, because that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much."


Now,that's exactly how I see love,real love,unconditional love that goes way beyond what the world sees and feels.Such love is so rare,only the two lovers will know its beauty.No book,no movie,no song can replicate its beauty or its importance.
That's my view of love,and I've written so much about it cus I keep thinking about it.Maybe such love exists,maybe it doesn't.You never know till you feel it.I haven't felt it yet,as in,I've given everything for somebody,but it wasnt reciprocated.So,tough though it was,I moved on cus that wasn't real love.I'm 16,you may probably be laughing your ass off,thinking "What the hell is a damn 16 year old being so romantic about", but i cant explain it.It's a thirst in me to be a part of something so noble,so altruistic.cus when in such love,you cant live without your partner,and your partner can't live without you.Two halves make one.It's the "one" that I view as real love.I dunno if most kids my age think of love this way,hence I've refrained from posting it till now.....

1 comment:

  1. I love your post, the style of narration. The flow is really enchanting, Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Achyuth Sankar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.