Friday, April 9, 2010

A Random Yet Relevant Feeling

This post is directed at and dedicated to one of my friends, and a regular reader too. Well, I've been feeling a mix of emotions since I met you (love isn't one of them, so, don't worry). The time I met you, I thought you were a really cheerful person and all. But then, as we started talking more and more, I realized you were sad, and I eventually even found out the reason. Ever since then, I've been thinking about how I could help. If there's one thing I'm known for, its helping friends who are in need of help. In your case, it proved to be futile, and you told me you didn't need it, not matter what. You even said angry things, depressing things, and I couldn't get them out of my mind. Today however, you gave your final word, I can either be your friend and not interfere, or move away.
After a long thought process, I realized some things. I realized, most importantly, that all these days, I only considered my feelings in our friendship. I failed to realize that you too had your wishes, and I failed to respect them, and I'm sorry. This experience, has helped me more. It has given me a good friend like you. It has also made me feel really upset because of all the times I've seen you sad. Believe me, I never meant to intrude or offend, I guess this is one of my flaws that I always try to help even those who don't need it. So, I put that part of me behind, as I give you my word, that our friendship will be like all the other amazing friendships that exist in this world. I will respect what you feel. I may get angry, I may get pissed off, I may say things I will regret, but please remember, not matter how I feel, no matter what I think of your need of help, or your situation, no matter how relevant or random the feelings may be, I will cherish what exists now. I only ask that you remember this, and that when a time comes when you are tempted to break this friendship, you remember what I've said here.

This is for you, my dear friend. I am glad that I could add another friend to my small list of close friends, and I'm honoured that you trust me. Thank you, dear friend.

2 comments:

  1. You are lucky that the friend of yours accepted your apology and you two are the best of friends now

    I too tried to apologize to 2 girls for something I had done and they..they took it in the wrong sense.

    There are few people who accept an apology and that too without holding a grudge against that person and you are lucky that you have a fine friend like that.

    Remember God for such a friend mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya,i do remember god all the time.thanks for reading this,and i pray u the two girls understand how gud a person u r,and accept ur apology.we all make mistakes.thanks bud

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Achyuth Sankar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.