Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Late Goodbye

Today,two whole years of hard work ended. All of us have imagined how it would be. We all might have had thoughts of how to have fun and freak out. Some of us might have had thoughts of their future careers and colleges. I had thoughts about my friends. As the 10th ended, it was time to say goodbye. I was just imagining how all of us were going to part ways. It was scary to think whether two years of sharing troubles and tensions, and forming an unbreakable bond of friendship would stand the test of separation. Then again,what is the point of calling a friendship as "unbreakable" if we're unsure of this?But anyway,this was just one of the many questions going on in my head as the clock was ticking towards the end of the last three hours of my 10th standard life.
Soon,the paper was over,and it was time to say goodbye. Strangely,all most of us ever did was shake hands,and wish each other best of luck. Now,after coming back home,and letting my miserable thoughts take over,I feel very sad,sad that the days of making fun of classmates, imitating teachers,cracking jokes,sleeping in boring classes,all has come to an end.We begin junior college in a few days,and we'll have too much on our plates to do all of this.But most of all,I miss the company of my buddies.I guess,now proves the statement that you don't realize the value of the things you have until you lose them. I thought of all the days that I didn't cherish my friendship.I thought of the times when I said hurtful things,or had fights for silly things. I also thought how these little things make the friendship I shared with others beautiful. Maybe it is too late to say goodbye,but remember friends, you all have given me the opportunity to experience one of the best feelings in the world-true friendship.

"We keep drivin' into the night,
Its a late goodbye,
Such a late goodbye"

These are the lyrics of a Poets Of The Fall song,called "Late Goodbye",and its what's playing in my head now.I do not know if I'll meet them again,but I pray I do,and I pray our friendship never dies.So,my dearest friends, Titus, Monil, Sarvesh and Hari, this post is dedicated to you guys, thanks again, and I'm sorry for not giving a proper goodbye, and also if I've hurt any of you in anyway. Maybe,20 years from now,we'll all meet again,with our families,and we'll laugh about the past days, and have a good time walking down memory lane. I hope that day comes. Until then.........

2 comments:

  1. You are right Achyuth we all will miss school especially our fiends

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all do,and we all hope to say goodbye at the right time

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Achyuth Sankar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.