Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Stupid Poem

Well, I was awakening my inner poet, and thought I would take him for a spin. This poem isn't anything great, but hey, its my blog, so what the heck,I'll post it! Here goes nothing..........

I open a big book which is mine,
I slowly read the first few lines,
And as I read I realise,
There is no light on the other side.

Man has become a dangerous monster,
His own creations cause disasters,
Every morning we see the sun rise,
But our coldness prevents us from enjoying its light.

As for me, I've made a cocoon,
I've put myself in it as I write this tune,
I do not open it because I fear
That the truth outside will leave me in tears,

For fifteen years I've lived a life,
Fulfilling other's dreams and listening to their lies,
But now I've finally opened my eyes,
And I do not like what I see inside.

I see a person broken, beat and scarred,
Who, in his quest to be happy, got himself marred,
But when he found the truth one day,
He realised that he could not find his way.

He was lost, he was frail,
He was a ship with a broken sail,
He could see the waves before him rise,
He could see nothing beyond its great height.

He tried in vain to make his ship turn,
And suddenly in front of him appeared a magic urn,
It told him of the glorious days of past,
Where no matter how broken, men would mend their mast.

In life we may think we are alone,
But we will always find a way back home,
This story put hope in his eyes,
As he saw a small ray of sunshine.


Okay, that was a stupid poem, I get it, but I had to write it, or my head won't stop pounding, I don't know why!!Just in case you wondered, the 'he' in this poem is me only. Okay,that's that, and I'm glad its done with. Thanks for reading this!!!


2 comments:

  1. as I said earlier, u do have a way with words. Butttttt.......... try being positive. my husband used to say, 'there's light at the end of the tunnel.u need the perseverence and focus to reach there and beyond. the sky is the limit..... for those who try...' so keep writing and one small request, why not something positive, next? it will lift up ur spirits for sure. but..... let the next be after 31st..please, if u can..best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot aunty.yes,i am trying to be positive,but,i dunno,theres some kind of a block.
    and yes,i will try my best to write after 31st,but,if something fills up my mind,and i cant concentrate bcos of it,i have no choice do i?i promise,i'll do my very best to hold it till the 31st,and thanks a million for taking the time to read and comment.and this poem is positive,cus,at the end,i do see some hope,don't i!!i'm workin on being positive,but it will take some time,but like your husband said very correctly,"there is light at the end of the tunnel",the thing is,i dunno,maybe i'm afraid that the light at the end of the tunnel could be just another freight train trying to run me over.i guess,i'm only afraid of failure,and i'm not that confident,but like the popular beatle's song,"we can work it out",and i will work it out,don't you worry aunty,and once again,thanks a million for taking the time to comment and to help me out!!take care aunty,bye for now
    achyuth

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Achyuth Sankar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.