Saturday, July 17, 2010

Why I Love Going To The Theatres

I just returned home after watching what I consider the best movie known to mankind-Inception.Anyway,that's not why I'm writing.As I was returning home in my father;s car,at around 8:30 in the night,exhausted and entertained,with a steaming hot pizza on my hand,I had what Dream Theater calls "A Train Of Thought".I was filled with joy that I was blessed enough to see such a wonderful movie. But then, the word "blessed" stuck around. On my way back, in this lovely city of Mumbai, I witnessed people going home after their everyday hard work finished. I saw their tired bodies yearning for rest, I also saw their bony chests heave. I also saw people still working, beads of sweat pouring out of their foreheads at the late hour. I was wondering, what's the point in enjoying a movie and eating expensive food, while people work day and night to give their family the next day's bread. This is a common thought, one that I have put up in my blog many times. But what's so special about this night, is that I had a realisation. All these days, I used to be under the illusion that film-making was my goal. But after what I saw, after what I thought, I realised that film making shouldn't be my goal. Films are optional, they aren't a necessity. What is necessary however, is a way to make the world an easier place to live for others. What is necessary is to do something worthwhile of my life. There will be countless opportunities for me to keep myself happy, like say, marrying the girl of my dreams, having loving children, being a loving son, being a good father, so on and so forth. But there are very few opportunities in life where you can make others happy. There are few moments in life where you can put a smile on others' faces, and also do something very worthwhile. I decided to abandon my thoughts of film making, and focus on becoming a doc. There is nothing greater than easing the pain of a fellow human being, a desperate human being. All those people who work days and nights, including weekends, they do it to take care of their families, and they too need to be taken care of. Movies-I'm happy to watch and enjoy them, I'm even happy to brainstorm the movie's plot, but I've decided that my life's goal is to help. And all this became reality only because I went to watch a movie in the theatre.No wonder I truly love the theatres!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons Licence
This work by Achyuth Sankar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.